Sunday, October 30, 2016

☺ Land of Smiles Pt 1 ☺

 Hi everyone! I'm back with another blogpost and and this time it's gonna be all about my trip to Bangkok, Thailand! :) YAY! I was away in Bangkok for 4 days and 3 nights, from the 12 to 15th, so this post will be split into 2 parts, day 1/2 and day 3/4 due to the overwhelming amount of stuff I wanna share! Do note that this will be a SUPER lengthy post with lots of pictures! Don't say I didn't warn you! Without further ado, let's get started~! ☺

First Day

My mum had booked a 7am flight as she wanted us to go straight out once we landed in Bangkok. We had to be at the airport by 5am as we need to check in all our baggage and what not. It's really cool how everything is SO advanced these days, that we could even check in all by ourselves by using the self-service kiosk!

After checking in our baggage, we headed to Burger King for breakfast as that was (one of) the only place(s) that was open in the wee hours of the morning.

"lipstick problems"



There's wasn't much to do around the airport as most retail shops were closed hence we decided to check in early to shop around duty-free.




My travel essentials for this trip!

He found this and refused to leave.






Our boarding gate!

We finally boarded the plane after 45 minutes of waiting! I was super excited because I haven't been onto an airplane since 3/4 years ago and I LOVE plane rides! :D The flight from Singapore to Bangkok is about 2/3 hours and Bangkok is 1 hour behind Singapore time :)




Sneaky snapchat shot ;)

Up, up and away~!




Because I wasn't willing to pull down the shade.

My needs for a flight.

Well, he needed it more than I did.

Close to landing!

Finally! After 2 hours of planting my butt in the chair, I could move! I've always loved (still do) window seats but they're so troublesome when you want to make your way to the toilet. Ya feel me?

If you didn't know, there are 2 airports serving Bangkok! One being Don Meuang International Airport and other, Suvarnabhumi Airport which is the one I landed at. The waiting time for stamping of passports, baggage, etc didn't take too long despite the huge number of people. We had hired a driver to drive us to the city as it takes about 45 minutes to an hour to travel depending on traffic flow!

Once we exited, the first thing I did was get myself a prepaid card! Seeing my friends snapchat their fun-filled days made me want to do the same :) There's a few kiosks for different networks but I chose dtac because they had a larger data plan for a smaller price. It's 299 bhat (SGD$12) for a 7 day plan but you can choose to extend/upgrade if needed :) The people working there are also super efficient as they help you set up everything unlike other places where you'd have to do it yourself.

This is what it looks like!



He fell asleep whilst waiting.

After an hour (or maybe 2) of waiting, the driver finally arrived! He claimed there was heavy traffic but traffic was smooth when we left :( 

The placed we stayed at is called Plaza Athenee and it's a really lovely place with lovely people! We couldn't check in for another couple of hours when we arrived hence we decided to lounge at their own cafe, The Rain Tree Cafe! The things there are a little expensive but you can't expect any less from a 5 star hotel right?


Fancy tomato sauce.

This made my money worth :")








Finally managed to check in around 2pm Bangkok time! We were all tired from constantly travelling so we decided to nap until dinner time. For dinner we took a BTS (their MRT) down to Siam Square. What I love most about Bangkok's BTS is that every ticket has a map behind so that you can constantly refer to it, great for tourists like us.



We decided on Jap food for dinner as my brother was craving for it. The restaurant we went to is called "ZEN" and although it's pricey, the quality really does make it worth it!


Brandon's sashimi (raw salmon)! 

Mummy's salmon mixed katsu-don!

Super delicious California Maki!

Uncle Pat's curry rice!

My yummy tempura-udon!


We had a very slow-paced dinner as we just wanted to relax and chit chat before we started walking around. After dinner we headed to a nearby mango dessert shop. What's the point of being in Bangkok when you don't have mango right? Mangoes in Bangkok are always the sweetest!



Best mango smoothie EVER for only 99 bhat!

Atas mango sticky rice!

When we were leaving, I found a Moomin Cafe!!! So sad I didn't get to visit the cafe but I manged to snap pictures with the cardboard Moomins!




After dessert, we took the BTS down to a local night market yet to find it closed! It doesn't open on Wednesday nights :( So we took a detour and headed down to another night market nearby. I didn't get to take many pictures as it was really hectic and I was engrossed with all the items that were on sale!


50 bhat (SGD$2) each!!


GOTTA CATCH EM ALL

Didn't manage to get much as not a lot of booths were opened :( After a couple of hours we decided to head back early to crash as we had a long 2nd day ahead. See you tomorrow!

Goodnight X

SECOND DAY

Woke up around 7am to have the hotel's breakfast buffet. They had a huge variety of food, ranging from Western to Asian, including sushi!


White girl kind of breakfast.



Butter Boobies HAHA!


Only my brother and I stayed longer for breakfast whilst we chatted and ate. We were there for about an hour or 2 and decided to head back to the room to rest before a entire day out.

The main agenda for the day was to visit the Husky Cafe! Honestly one of the main reasons why I was so eager to visit Bangkok was because of this! If you didn't know, True Love Cafe is is managed by husky breeders and they rear about 20 to 25 huskies! If you're reading this and intending to head there sometime soon, here's some tips I've learnt to help you out! :)

1. The cafe itself is not very accessible! Hence I would recommend taking a tuk-tuk/taxi from wherever you or from Ari station, which is the nearest BTS station.
2. What I love about this cafe is that they call for a grabcar/tuk-tuk for you if ever needed!
3. Interaction hours are at 12:30pm and 3:30pm from Tuesdays to Thursdays and 12:30pm, 3:30pm and 6pm from Fridays to Sundays! They are closed on Mondays.
4. Interaction time lasts an hour each so if you arrive after the stated times, you'll just have to wait until the next available time slot.
5. You'll have to fill up a form before entering and admission fee is about 350 bhat (SGD$13.45) and it includes a complimentary cake and drink.
6. Shoes are not allowed in the interaction area and instead you'll be given a plastic covering for your feet.

Credits to Google!

The menu!


The plastic covering.

My complimentary cake and drink :)

They're given ice as a treat!


I waited so long to capture this exact moment :")





Russian huskies are GORGEOUS!

And then here comes the selfies with all the adorable puppies.







And this gentleman here is Momo!






Ladies and Gents, do get your cameras out 5 to 10 minutes before the session ends to take a ADORABLE slow-motion video of the huskies running back into their cages! I promise you the 10 seconds will be worth every second. Here's mine! :D


After the interaction, the staff had called for us a grabtaxi which is super convenient! I didn't even know grabtaxi was a thing in Thailand. We then headed down to Chinatown as my mum had a couple of things she wanted to get. Most of the people who lived/worked in Chinatown speaks Chinese or dialect which helps a lot. Didn't manage to take any pictures as it was very crowded. 





We spent a good few hours there and decided to take a tuk-tuk back to the hotel to rest before exploring the night market.



Once back at the hotel, I brought my brother down to the pool for a swim whilst I enjoy the night scenery hohoho.





He swam for an hour or so and we left the hotel shortly after that. We took a cab down to a famous night market (I will search for links and link them up when I do) to do some shopping! Before we started shopping we stopped by an antique cafe which sells mean-ass bread ;)



It's as big as my face!

Legit YUMZ!









The place is HUGE and took us about 2/3 hours to conquer the entire place. We bought quite a bit of stuff and had to haul it all the way home. For dinner we decided to get MacDonald because WHY NOT :D 






And that pretty much concludes my 2nd day in Bangkok! 

I know it's been a length post and it's only part 1 out of 2 HAHA. This trip has been one of the most exiting thing that's happened to me this year and so I wanted to share my experience with you :) I will try my best to have part 2 up by the end of November so please be patient with me!

Thank you so much for reading and goodnight. X

Thank you for reading, 
xoxo, ash

Check me out on my other social media websites! ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
twitter: meowcakezxc
instagram: ashleyniiic
askfm: ashleyniiic

No comments:

Post a Comment