Disclaimer: I wrote my first draft on the 26th and because I'm too lazy to amend anything and everything, whenever I say "yesterday", I mean yesterday as in the 26th :) Sorry for being a lazy ass.
Well damn, finally updating this space after 2 whole months. Ever wondered where I disappeared to? The answer is; well, NO WHERE! The past 2 months have been rather disappointing and such a bore. I spent almost everyday at home doing nothing productive which to me, is quite frowned upon. I've been on break since November and I've barely worked as I was too lazy to find a job. Well, actually I deserve some credit because I did went for an interview, but they rejected me due to lack of experience so HEY! it wasn't fully my fault ;) I also barely went out as my friends were still schooling and after awhile, Singapore starts to get a tad boring as it's so tiny and only has that much places to go to.
Well damn, finally updating this space after 2 whole months. Ever wondered where I disappeared to? The answer is; well, NO WHERE! The past 2 months have been rather disappointing and such a bore. I spent almost everyday at home doing nothing productive which to me, is quite frowned upon. I've been on break since November and I've barely worked as I was too lazy to find a job. Well, actually I deserve some credit because I did went for an interview, but they rejected me due to lack of experience so HEY! it wasn't fully my fault ;) I also barely went out as my friends were still schooling and after awhile, Singapore starts to get a tad boring as it's so tiny and only has that much places to go to.
However, recently I've started to get restless from being outdoor deprived so I went for camps (more on that another time), went for dance classes and what not. At the starting of the month, there was an ad on Instagram promoting a festival called "i Light". It's like an outdoor exhibition that portray many different art works which are made using lights (you can read more here)! It seemed really interesting and had many picture worthy moments so I decided that I HAD to go! However due to camps and procrastinating I could only visit it yesterday, which was the 3rd last day of the exhibition.
A week ago Jeremy and I planned, discussed and agreed that it was best day to go yesterday as it was Good Friday and a public holiday. What we didn't consider enough was that due to it being a public holiday and a Friday, the crowd there was WOAH at night as no one had to work the next day. Oops.
Along with i Light, there's an exhibition called "Future World: Where Art Meets Science" at the ArtScience Museum that I really wanted to visit. They were having a 1 for 1 promotion so, why not right? Since i Light begins only at 7:30PM, we planned to visit future world first before i Light.
Jeremy and I met up at around 5PM and took a train down towards bayfront. We thought that if we arrived around 5:30/6, we'd have a good solid hour to spend inside taking pictures and all that. BUT BUT BUT BUT, when we got there, tickets were freaking SOLD OUT! Bloody hell. I was disappointed because I was really looking forward to visiting it. Thank God it's a permanent exhibition but the 1 for 1 promotion isn't :') Sighs my life away HAHA.
Since i Light only starts at 7:30, we had a good solid hour to kill and honestly unless you're rich, MBS doesn't have much to do besides window shopping. The scenery around MBS was really nice and nature-ish so we decided to make use of that!
OOTD
grid kimono/outerwear: ootd shop at *scape
black tank top: Bangkok
highwaist shorts: ootd shop at *scape
boots: Dr Martens
Sorry, all my pictures are non edited and filtered so they might seem different from those posted on my Instagram :,)
It was pretty windy and quite deserted that day hence we had to rely on iPhone's self-timer camera to take our pictures HAHA. It was quite a funny sight really because I was balancing my phone on a bottle so that we could get a good height for our pictures. Here are the decent looking of the whole lot.
OOTD
grid kimono/outerwear: ootd shop at *scape
black tank top: Bangkok
highwaist shorts: ootd shop at *scape
boots: Dr Martens
Sorry, all my pictures are non edited and filtered so they might seem different from those posted on my Instagram :,)
It was pretty windy and quite deserted that day hence we had to rely on iPhone's self-timer camera to take our pictures HAHA. It was quite a funny sight really because I was balancing my phone on a bottle so that we could get a good height for our pictures. Here are the decent looking of the whole lot.
| Cheeky Ashley |
Everyone was wondering what we were doing HAHA and I was worried someone might run up to my phone and steal it away from me. The sky was damn nice that afternoon! Couldn't not take a picture of it. I swear my camera roll is 65% filled of pictures of the sky/sunset.
I'm so happy and proud on how these photos turned out :,)
| So many pretty lily pads! The pond had koi fish inside too! |
Always having time for a few (cough many) cheeky shameless selfie ;]
| My favourite photo from yesterday! |
Just like the saying "time flies when you're having fun", time flew by and it was almost 7:15 by the time we were done. We decided to stroll down to the starting exhibition as we had ample time before the festival started.
I didn't manage to take a lot of pictures of the various exhibits because I was more focused on interacting with it than anything else. However I did manage to take some pretty cool gifs using the Phhhoto app! (ps please follow me @ ashleyniic ;])
It was around 9+ when we left the place. We were supposed to rush down to town to have fish tales for dinner but we got too caught up with the bubble installation because it was so fun! Felt like a kid trying to pop all dem bubbles. Actually it was mostly me so, sorry b :( I promise we'll have fish tales sometime soon! We ended having umi-sushi for dinner instead.
I didn't manage to take a lot of pictures of the various exhibits because I was more focused on interacting with it than anything else. However I did manage to take some pretty cool gifs using the Phhhoto app! (ps please follow me @ ashleyniic ;])
This installation, Angels of Freedom, was something I was really looking forward to seeing during the festival! There were so many people waiting to take their turn. What really surprised me is that everyone was patiently queuing in an orderly manner and no one was cutting queues!
| This might hurt if you stare at it for too long. |
| This is some trippy af shit. |
It was around 9+ when we left the place. We were supposed to rush down to town to have fish tales for dinner but we got too caught up with the bubble installation because it was so fun! Felt like a kid trying to pop all dem bubbles. Actually it was mostly me so, sorry b :( I promise we'll have fish tales sometime soon! We ended having umi-sushi for dinner instead.
Overall I'd say i Light was a pretty interesting festival :) The walking distance was quite tiring though, we covered around 5km I think? But I think if there were to be another festival like this, I would totally go again :)
Thank you for reading,
xoxo, ash♡
Check me out on my other social media websites! ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
twitter: meowcakezxc
instagram: ashleyniiic
askfm: ashleyniiic


No comments:
Post a Comment